Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Powercranks Week 1

Quick summary on week one using the powercranks. Set up was easy since I had a matching BB in my old faithful Giant TCR. Decided I better get some indoor trainer miles in before heading out on the road. So here is what I did:

Monday: 2 x 10min small chainring, easy. Yeah, it hurts
Tuesday: 2 x 12min small chainring, easy. Still hurts
Thursday: 2x15min, second 15 on big chainring (growing up), medium effort. Feels OK (as in not great)
Saturday: GGTC pre Kona viewing ride: Wasn't brave enough to go out all unlocked, but left the house in the unlocked position and rode to SB Presidio. Clipping in was interesting but I think that relates in part to the fact that my cleats are worn. Then locked them so they operate like regular cranks and rode with the group to Tiburon. There seemed to be some confusion and I found myself alone so I decided to unlock the cranks again. That's about one hour to get home. This time it felt pretty good. Still not as swift clipping in, but had no problems riding. Eventually caught up to Virgilio (OK, he was waiting) and we made the return via Bunker road and a small headlands loop, where it happened! I did manage to get out of the saddle! So excited! Had to shout out loud! OK, only for a short bit, but I did!
What's next? I'll keep the trainer rolling a few more times, but I think I am ready for some outdoor rides. Cool stuff.

Also decided to post some videos here. I will try to find a good balance between advocates and charlatans.


Power Cranks Review: Part II from MovePress, LLC on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment