Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

New training toy - Mission iSUB9

After entertaining the purchase of PowerCranks for the last 3 years, I finally gave in. Thanks to a 'steal' on eBay I am now the proud owner of set of PowerCranks. These clutched crankarms operate independently and are supposed to optimize your stroke efficiency, akin to doing single leg drills - only during the entire ride.
There have been a few studies trying to analyze potential performance benefits, with mixed results. Some focused on VO2max in a short TT style training regimen, but none to my knowledge have analyzed a typical bike-run pattern that would be applicable to me. I see the most benefit in this combo, ie. pedal more efficient (but not necessarily faster) - then put in a wicked run. Time will tell. I shall report back in a few weeks. Oh ja, and I wimped, I go the lock-out option, so I can keep up with the crew.
Now it's time to actually use them, which should be fun ;-)

 
Stefan's new toy
Interested? --> powercranks.com

1 comment: